10.12.11

Dec 10th 2011 partial lunar eclipse.

*

As usual (for me) the partial eclipse was very low and blocked by clouds. The eclipse was already under way as the moon rose. Though it was completely invisible behind the clouds. When it did become visible I took a few snaps with my Panasonic TZ7. The camera was resting on a garden tool handle.

Full zoom with a variety of settings. Night landscape, Normal picture and various AF (auto focussing) settings. Had it been more worthwhile I could have got out my video tripod or even a telescope at low power. As can be seen here the Moon was almost behind the garden hedge. The clouds only added to the drama.





These are only for a record of the event. I have cropped some of them to bring out the moonlit clouds.


Click on any image for an enlargement.
*

No comments: