22.2.18

Observatory Dimensions:

*
As I was recovering from my cold I needed something to keep me occupied while I wait for sunshine. Cabin fever sets in early when there are lots of things to do but I don't feel well enough to hang about outside. Particularly at around freezing point with a cold easterly wind.

While I may have written down my observatory dimensions somewhere they had since become lost to time. So I found an early image of the bare construction and added the freshly measured dimensions for future reference. Metric on the right. Imperial on the left.

The observatory floor is 4.1m or nearly 9' from the ground. The pier about 13' high to the top plate. The large mounting adds considerably more height to ensure a horizontal view will clear the dome track.

Naming the image clearly will allow me to find it again. Almost all of my 1.3 million images are completely unindexed. Making it a very slow process to do more than scroll through Picasa. I probably don't have enough man years left to do any serious sorting of images by subject matter. So  I'll have to wait for AI to go through them at some point. Google's AI image sorting doesn't find all of those I search for. So I may have some wait before it becomes a lot better at it.


Click on any image for an enlargement.
*

No comments: