31.5.18

Dome building: DeWalt saw problems and more panels.

*

Despite a slight hiatus while I work out a safer switching system for my DeWalt saw, I've produced and fitted two more 4mm birch ply panels. They actually go very quickly and accurately but I hate the tiny push buttons hidden out of sight and reach down under the saw table. This was made much worse by my sliding saw sled further obscuring the view.

I bought a "complete stop switch" online and was then told it cannot switch a 2KW motor. Despite being claimed as 10A Stop Switch it only has 3A switches hidden inside.These cannot carry enough current for such a powerful motor.

Which is a shame because I have ordered a second internal switch to switch both poles of my extension lead. The saw should have zero volt switch so it should not start up on [re]connection of power. I shall check that by pulling the plug while the saw motor is running. That worked fine and the saw would not restart without pressing the original green ON button.


Click on any image for an enlargement.
*



No comments: