11.3.19

11.3.19 Solar: Lots of cloud but not much sun.

*

Monday 11th Overnight frost. Cloudy start but clearing slowly.

11.35m 42/36F Just beginning to clear occasionally from W-NW
WL Blank disk. H-a struggling to clear enough for surface texture.
Sky blue overhead. Still hope.

12.00 50/42F light rain just as sun clears. Short dark filament at my 9.00.
Thin [transparent] prom at 8.00.

12.55 48/44F first real clearing. Eyebrow filament at my 9.00. WL still a blank.

13.00 50/44 Sun at 30.3° altitude. My magnetic clinometer agrees with C-Du-Ciel!
Sunshine? What sunshine? I'm going to fetch my down jacket!

I don't know why I have this blank about image orientation. Moving the telescope slightly instantly confirms inverted and reversed L>R.  I go so bored waiting for sunshine I aligned both telescope to make the sun central in the field of view. Not easily done when you can't see the sun through either of them!    

13.20 Back indoors to warm up and have lunch. Now the sun is out! Grr?

14.10 48/44 Heavy cloud cleared again. Two proms at 8.30.  2.00 true on Gong. Inverted and reversed.

The PST etalon 'sweet spot' spreads out with better seeing. The red glow behind the sun goes as well.

14.40 Tried a meridian flip. Had to stop and do a manual flip. It always wants to go the wrong way in RA.

The higher rising sun became a problem in the afternoon. It shines through the slit at my computer desk and seating arrangements. 

*

No comments: