26.9.19

26th September 2019. Drivers will drive you nuts!

*
Thursday: I have been running driver conformance tests without great success. There are too many errors and it usually stops midway. A new ASCOM-AWR driver 7.1 is available and PayPal has accepted my pound of flesh. Hopefully I shall have it installed by this evening.

An older image of a prom which I ran through Registax6.1 using frame by numbers [1500/3000] instead of selecting 50% in percentages.

Some weirdness is going on in my ASCOM-AWR  drive system:

AWR's Declination direction of drive is unstable. It reverses at random times and intervals. Resulting in potentially dangerous, nose-down slews.

The AWR geographic coordinates of my site are unstable. Longitude is cleared to all zeros and West [instead of East] after an overnight shutdown.

AWR's LST indication is unstable.Since LST is calculated from UT and accurate site coordinates this is inevitable.

The geographic coordinates of my site in C-Du-C are unstable. The minutes and seconds of both Latitude and Longitude vanish overnight. Leaving only the degrees intact.

Even after manual correction of these faults the Alt-Az coordinates for the telescope in its easterly pointing, horizontal parking place are pure fiction! Or friction if you prefer!


*


No comments: