22.9.19

Sunday Solar prom capture and animation first try.

 *

Having spent Sunday morning running Registax with a 5% increase each time in "Best frames" on the same video I can see no difference. I selected the same video from scratch before each processing. Alignment, Limit & Stacking only then Save image. No wavelets. Just to prove it I made a video of the stills from 5% to 100% using 1 second duration per saved image: This really is a sequence of sequential, still images from 5% to 100% "Best frames."

https://youtu.be/aCzAzZqgzNw

Having captured and quickly processed a lot of videos into stills I centred them in ImPPG and animated the final stills in Photos Video Editor. This is limited to 1 second minimum duration per still image. So you could try going to YT and doubling the speed. All this is very rough and ready as I find my way around the different softwares. The seeing conditions were poor all day.

https://youtu.be/EXweO6Xc_j0

It seems as if my AWR[Technology]UK drive system is not long for this world. It has been a pain getting it to perform as expected. It couldn't manage to remember LST until I changed it manually. Even then it is rare for it to find any object in a C-Du-C Goto. It has to be reminded of the parking position every time it is switched on. Surely this should be unnecessary in a fixed observatory drive system? Every single time I remind it of the parking position it responds with "Outside perimeter." Now it has taken to bleeping loudly and telling me that "U-step timed out." Goto slews are now never finished. The Declination motor continues to run at medium speed until somthing breaks or I literally pull the plug out. The IH2 handset is completely unresponsive to any button pushes. It has a habit of doing that these days. For some reason it goes from tracking to not tracking and becomes completely unresponsive until the power is isolated and the whole system restarted.

*

No comments: