3.11.19

Sunday 3rd Nov. ASCOM, PHD2 & HitechAstro.

 *

After a whole day of steady rain [Sat] it cleared in the early evening to reveal a low, crescent moon. I went back out to image it but was repeatedly thwarted by AWR-ASCOM error notices. The videos I managed to capture failed to provide anything worthwhile. It was easily the worst "seeing" or lack of it,  I have ever witnessed.  I'll try again in the morning to discover which of the assorted programs ASCOM disliked so much. I was running C-Du-C, SharpCap, HitechAstro focuser and PHD2 simultaneously.

Sunday: 50F, grey overcast with occasional rain. Back out to the obs. to try and get PHD2 to behave with AWR-ASCOM. Still getting error messages. I am photographing the error notices on the screen to avoid taxing my memory but could use Screen Capture, I suppose. I am using the distant 600 meter trees as a target.

I managed to get PHD2 to work [for a while] with it set to ASCOM Hub. It refuses to connect to, or work with AWR-ASCOM. When I tried to open SharpCap I lost the camera in PHD2 and it would not return even when I closed all the other apps. I tried pulling the cable and connecting again with no luck.

The problems with HitechAstro DC Focuser seem to have settle down after the latest [1.4] software download. Though I can't tell if it is doing anything behind the scenes.

I tried AsiCap and Guiding. It went crackers and slewed wildly all over the place. Interesting, while it lasted, but there seems to be no control settings. Two and a half hours wasted without obvious outcome or cures.

I hear that AS!3 can image and guide at the same time. I suppose that will have to be be my next parabolic learning curve.

Click on any image for an enlargement.

*

No comments: