28.4.20

28.4.20 Finally captured a disturbance.

*

Tuesday 28th 53F/45 Talk about a frustrating day! Bright early start but with plates of dense, white cloud.

Then the protective filters were misted over inside the OTA. I had to remove them and dry them. Then the camera kept producing granular images.


I changed to the PST BF but it made no difference. Back to the Lunt B1200. Dozens of pointless, 500 frame captures later, I finally managed one useful image. Though without a flat. Then the internet went off again. This has been happening a lot recently. Where, before, it was almost unheard of.

The heavy cloud continued to tease such that I didn't capture any more useful shots. My ZWO ASI174MM camera seems to be outputting coarse, grainy images. Much the same problem as I had with my [now useless] ASI 120MC.  I have checked all the settings in the imaging software but it is all standard. It wasn't remotely overheating according to SharpCap's "thermometer." 


*

No comments: