26.5.20

26.05.2020 Trying an inimation of the prom at 2 o'clock [NW] limb.

*

Tuesday 26th. Clear blue skies to start but it became cloudier towards 10am. Poor seeing.


I had the opportunity to try a half hour of short captures. When I put all the captures through AS!3 all seemed to be well but then it froze in mid stream. There may be a special setting for batch processing. It seems not.

So I re-selected the batch leaving out "oddities" and this ran to the finish.  Except that now I had only a small fraction of stills from all the videos I had selected.

Nevertheless, I moved onto ImPPG and tried to align my much smaller batch of completed stills from AS!3. This ran okay but there were no output files marked "aligned" in Capture.

More homework obviously needs to be done on processing animations. I still have all the original videos files if I manage to get my act together. The cloud and poor seeing gave me the opportunity to try. So nothing was really lost.

11.30 67/59F and the sky is clear again. The prom image shows how poor the seeing is today. No real detail.

12.00 Seeing absolutely appalling! Like looking at a reflection off choppy water! 😱

In the absence of a usable solar target, due to awful seeing conditions, I changed the computer monitor bracket from a simple dovetail to a turning and tilting model. This will allow me to view the screen from almost any angle. It is a shame I hadn't done this before.

Previously, I have been using a compact mirror to be able to see the screen from a standing position east or west of the pier. Now I can turn the whole screen to where I can see it while adjusting the camera, focus, etalon, Barlow lens or any other accessories.



*

No comments: