31.5.20

31.05.2020

*

Sunday 31st. A pleasant, sunny day but with a veil of high cloud. I had a look with a smaller telescope but the cloud obscured even the few aircraft going over.

17.45 70/64F. The sky looks clearer so I have set up to see if imaging is possible.


It was! I kept snapping away at the disturbed area in the NW quadrant in 500 frame captures for an hour.

Mostly processing in AS!3 and ImPPG as I went along. I have 60 captures to play with!  These two are quickly cropped and processed in PhotFiltre7.


The detail became clearer as the time passed until the trees finally intervened. There was a clear, thermal stream flowing over the image on the monitor with occasional softness. It was never still.

I spent an hour in the evening capturing the moon. I used the 6" F/10 H-a telescope with the etalon and BF removed. I have 2" extensions to replace the H-alpha filtration. I shall have to process a couple of videos but the seeing conditions won't produce great images.


*

No comments: