20.7.20

20.07.2020

*

Monday 20th 8.40 62/56F, bright, but two opposing cloud layers crossing. Fast, low cloud from the north west. Slower, high cloud from the south. Still waiting for the sun to clear to capture my first video. As usual the cloud is stacked on the eastern horizon.

 It is really weird to see the clouds racing across the image at right angles to each other. I haven't bothered with the 2.6x GPC. It hasn't made any difference.

The sun is all but featureless. My videos and processed still images just look out of focus despite careful adjustment using the motorized helical focuser. I have found the fading, disturbed area which I have been capturing previously. In the SW quadrant. The resulting images are awful! Fitted the 2.6x GPC for more scale. Now I just need to cloud to clear again. I keep being teased by fleeting clarity again. Only for the high frequency fuzz to return.

The wireless internet in the observatory has ground to a complete halt. Oddly it coincided with a return to a normal 200Mbps indoors. Stopped for morning coffee as it brightened up. Internet back on in the dome but even more cloudy now. Grr?

11.40 68/62F Back after the cloud cleared a little. Highly variable seeing. Judge for yourselves in the [lower] images above.




*

No comments: