29.10.20

2910.200

 *

Thursday 29th 58/51F. Late morning start after cloud clearance. My first captures using the internal SSDs. I have yet to reset the date and timing format of the images in SharpCap. I was choosing my moments as the seeing settled briefly on the monitor. 2.5 seconds for 500 frames with roughly 5ms exposures.

Better seeing conditions today and the wind has finally dropped. I am using the 1.6x GPC for minimum magnification to capture the whole AR feature.

After struggling with lopsided lighting of the image I removed the etalon element from its cell. Then wrapped it in PTFE plumbing tape. This improved the rather sloppy, etalon collimation and produced more even illumination across the image.

This is just one image of many. I will post more later but have to go out now.

The sun was behind the trees on my return. Grr!

Here I have tried a little harder with the processing of my last captured image. Probably over-sharpened now.

The image is very flat. With only modest sharpness. It lacks any sense of reality. There is a no illusion of changing elevation or realistic texture in the fine detail. The thin cloud may have been responsible.

I haven't looked at my earlier captures yet but presume they are all inferior. The seeing had improved slowly but steadily with solar altitude.

 

*

No comments: