25.12.20

25.12.2020 Three spots.

 *

Friday 25th Christmas Day. A hard white frost after a 28F night has resulted in a cloudless sky with brilliant sunshine.

I went over to see if I could see the sun but the RA drive system is still sitting on the desk. I'm waiting for longer belts to arrive in the post after new year. Attempts to quickly return the drive to its former condition were hampered by the freezing cold metal!  

So I decided not to bother going any further and had a look through the 90mm in white light. With the Lunt wedge and Baader SC, green filter in place the sun was amazingly sharp. Three clear spots and uniform surface detail. Much better seeing than average but no chance to do any imaging in H-alpha.

The next four days are forecast to grey with rain. So I have plenty of time to resurrect the RA drive.


*

No comments: