26.1.21

26.0.2021 Yo heave ho!

 *

Tuesday 26th. Sunshine. Not feeling too bad after yesterday's efforts. I have walked off most of the pain. Now to see if I can make further progress. 

I managed to bury two more foundation blocks before lunch. One cost me extra time because I backfilled before noticing it was 2" higher than the others. I brought out my long level and double checked. The difference in ground level had fooled me. I was grateful for lunch so I could have a rest!

Regarding panels v individual timber posts: I'll order a load of [50x100] 2x4s in 4.2m lengths. Then try building one panel to see if I can cope with the weight and bulk. Or find an efficient way of handling and raising them. 

One obvious problem with panels is the veranda getting in the way. I can't easily thread panels through the existing structure. Like I could with loose posts. To be followed up later.

Setting up fully clad panels makes them potential wind catchers in stormy weather. Unless I start in the south west where there is least support but no veranda obstructions. Otherwise, I'll have to have most of the panels already built. To go up in one session. That would need preparation up top to allow quick progress. 

Perhaps having the panels only clad lower down would be best. Then they can be more easily threaded through the veranda joists. I'll have a look at the obstruction problems before making any decisions. 

After two days of exhausting digging I had the worst attack of dizziness so far. With all the other nasty symptoms I won't mention here.

*

No comments: