11.2.21

11.02.2021 Post rearrangement.

 *

Thursday 11th 25F, another inch of overnight snow. With continuing frosts and possible snow in the forecast for the rest of the month. The ground will remain rock hard. Denying me the ability to continue with the foundation blocks.

After I had cleared away the snow I attended to the upright posts. They are now much more upright than yesterday. Which gives a better idea of the increased space available to the west and SW. 

The veranda facia boards will not be there in the future. Meaning the posts will have to connect to the nearest joists instead of being fixed to the veranda. So the mock-up is merely a geometric representation of the larger footprint.

I am waiting for the arrival and assembly of the dome to get some accurate figures for its internal diameter. Until I have the correct dimensions I cannot cut the roller support ring to size. Which would have allowed me to fix the full height posts. Even if I didn't have the rear, foundation blocks sunk into place. 

The building has to fit under the dome, with clearance, to stop the rain running straight inside the walls. I have used 2m as the radius for the foundation blocks. There should be 30cm difference in diameter. Though the dome must have some thickness at the base. The building's top ring can be adjusted to suit the dome's internal diameter and clearance needs.

It's all getting a bit Catch 22 at the moment. At least I am getting a rest from all the digging! Though repeated snow clearing and playing with the posts and ladders is giving me plenty of exercise.


*

No comments: