14.3.21

14.03.2021 Trolley mods.

 *

Sunday 14th 36F, dry, bright start with light winds. Variable cloud and even some light showers during the day.

The trolley has taken up my time when I could have continued work on the building. Lots more cross bracing to do but no 2x4 timber left to cut any.  All the long lengths went into the trolley. I may add the [missing] joist extensions to pick up the [missing] cross braces. 

I wonder if I have any suitable bolts? The builders merchants are closed on Sundays. Though I could cycle the ten miles to town and buy the bolts from the discount, DIY, big shed chain. They shouldn't add too much weight for the journey back. 

I found some 12mm galvanized, threaded rod. [studding] So I replaced all the over-long screws on the trolley's jack clamps. I used a socket wrench to tighten the nuts really well. The timber offcuts, in the car trailer, were tidied into boxes in the shed. To make the trailer useful again.

*

No comments: