19.5.21

19.05.2021 Afternoon imaging.

 *

Wednesday pm. After some showers there was sunshine.  Large plates of cloud coming quickly from the SW. With a few bits of blue sky in between. None of them on track to show the sun!

14.30 51F. By the time time I was set up for imaging the rain was already pattering on the dome from a leaden sky.

14.45 I have the telescope pointing at the closed shutters. Without having had a chance to confirm a sighting for a Sync. I hope the Baader D-ERF is waterproof! There is rain on the laptop.

15.12 I was finally favoured with long periods of sunshine. I keep capturing and processing. Tried all three GPCs. 2x seems best. The seeing is slightly soft but rescued by ImPPG. Trying hard not to overcook my images.

15.30 56F. The seeing is getting worse. Soft, thermal wobbling and high frequency shaking now

.

16.11 Nice prom on SSE limb. Changed to the PST BF to reduce gain when over-brightening the image.

 

 

 

16.59 56F Trying different set-ups. 2.6x GPC :

 

 

 

 

 

17.12 Still using 2.6x GPC but pushing harder in ImPPG. Too much cloud now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Afternoon. 

14.48 55F. I was teased back by a few glimpses of the sun.

Few, but showing some interesting detail. Ellerman bombs or micro-flares.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

No comments: