27.5.21

27.05.2021 Overcast + AR12824 + AR12826

 *

Thursday 27th 52F. A long grey day with blue patches only appearing after 15.30. I removed two buckets full of rainwater from inside the dome in the collection containers.

Afternoon: 15.50 I was teased by the blue patches and brief intervals of sunshine. Centered on the sun and focused but still waiting for a clearing. Fortunately the wind is from the north west. So not blowing into the dome. Downside is not being able to easily monitor the northern sky for clearances. It looks completely overcast again. The two layers of quickly moving cloud appear to be veering more westerly.

16.00 Still no sun. I want to be be able to capture the pair of amazing sunspots before they move out of sight around the back of the sun. There have been some superb images and animations of these spots online. While Denmark suffers the second wettest may since records began. 1875. Another weather record? As usual the clouds cover the sun as blue sky sails across nearby.

16.07 First capture. Changed from 912x912 to 800x600 for more scale. With only fleeting clarity between racing clouds I can't even tune the PST etalon. 

16.11 Another at 800x600 and cropped. I mustn't complain. At least I caught something. Though probably off band for H-a.

16.39 Pushed it much harder in ImPPG. Completely artificial but better detail.

 

 

 

 

16.57 A little long break of sunshine. Slightly less sharpening.

I am getting 98fps. 500 frames in about 4 seconds. SharpCap Pro

Using 75 frames of 500 for stacking in Autostakkert AS!3.

17.12 Still experimenting with ImPPG and frame size. The seeing is very soft on the monitor. Making focus and etalon tuning very difficult.  

Lower frequency thermal undulation now. I prefer 800x600 frame size where the etalon sweet spot is more even. 

I should be moving towards the better seeing conditions if it remains clear. [Now and then!]



 


 

17.53 Sky clearing.  Now I can't upload images to my blog!               👎        

            

*

No comments: