31.5.21

31.05.2021 Solar imaging: AR12827

 *

Monday 31st 55F, clear sky with bright sunshine. 

08.17 Captured the disturbed regions in early, steady seeing. Though not particularly transparent.

Some strange triangular filaments in the deep south.

The two ARs are continuing across the disk. 

I have adjusted the orientation of the camera.



 

 

 

 

Readjusted the etalon and focus.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Transparency improving but thermal agitation increasing.

 

 

10.16 Seeing briefly clears for half a second before it smudges over again. Capturing lots of videos and only processing the best where I can see detail in the opening screen of Autostakkert.

 


 

 

 

11.00 64F outside in deep shade. 73F inside the dome at desk level in deep shade. The seeing has gone impossibly soft now. It reminds me of looking through glass smeared with Vaseline. I measured the Baader 35nm H-a first filter at 85F. Not much above ambient. Pointing the laser thermometer up the unfiltered focuser briefly produced a reading of 160F. That was with the D-ERF in place. The front of the D-ERF measured only 80F after several hours directly facing the sun. Probably thanks to to its highly reflective nature.  

I had a quick look through the Vixen 90mm with Lunt 1.25" Solar wedge for white light viewing. Only AR12827 is clearly visible. I nearly burnt myself on the heat sink! No point in thermally stressing anything. I've put the lens cap on now.

16.30. I have tried at intervals but the seeing conditions remained awful since my last images.

I shall try again later.


 Google Blogger is messing about with the editing again.
Impossible to drag and drop images.


*


No comments: