22.8.21

22.08.2021 Zenith board and poor seeing.

 *

Sunday 22nd 69F, overcast start to the day. It brightened to hot sunshine later in the morning. Bringing a breeze with it.

First I fixed the much larger, hole plates to the zenith board. I am leaving the drilling of the eye bolt mounting plate until the position of the drawer slides is fixed.

Then I started fibre-glassing one slit rib externally. I used my last half litre of polyester resin with reduced hardener. This time it went off just as I reached the bottom of the tin. It was nearly 70F and I was working in full sunshine.

I had managed two layers of 300gm/m² of mat over the length of the rib. Thinking it best to do one rib and wait for fresh supplies of resin. Rather than jump back and forth. Wasting valuable pot life. I have ordered three more litres of resin and some brushes.

13.15. Paused for lunch.

14.23 [CET] The AR near the eastern limb. The seeing is mush and mobile!  

13.05 [UT] Marginally better seeing conditions.


 

 

 

15.32 [CET] 68F. Slightly better. Or just different?

 

 

 

 

17.30 Returned after giving up due to the poor seeing conditions. Waiting for cloud to clear the sun.

18.40 Final image. Boiling image on the monitor. 



 

 

 

 

 

*

No comments: