21.10.21

21.10.2021 Even darker and wetter!

 *

Thursday 21at 50F. Another heavy rain warning. Raining steadily, with a couple of downpours earlier.

The rain stopped at 17.00 yesterday so I went over to check the observatory. The collection trays on the base ring had accumulated some 10 gallons. Or two whole builder's buckets full. Some of the containers were full to the brim. So must have overflowed inside the building. 

I had closed the shutters on the new dome before the rain started. So there wasn't much sign of water ingress except ground flow. I haven't fitted an overlapping rain shield to the shutters yet.  

In an earlier post I discussed using barrel nuts to fix the GRP shutter covers to the ribs and top boards. As I was searching online for local stockists I was getting loads of suggestions with Danish sounding, business names. Every single one was a nonsense name cover for AliExpress. The Chinese direct sales business. It seems that even Danish sandwich vendors, with Danish sounding names, sell barrel nuts! [Via AliExpress!]  Let's see now: Months of waiting for arrival, VAT at 25% and post office, customs clearance charges of about £15 equivalent. I had better get an order off now! Not. 

Removed another bucket full of rainwater from the base ring containers of the old dome.


*

No comments: