20.11.21

20.11.2021 Skate wheel shutter slides continued.

 *

 

Saturday 20th 50.7F, damp with a leaden overcast.

I made very little progress yesterday. The inner shutter ribs are obstructed by the base ring. If I cut away the ring I lose its strength. 

If I cut away the shutter ribs they could end up at half mast. If they remain as is the shutters wont close without being lifted bodily. Which throws the support off center.  Leading to laterally leaning shutters.

Another mock-up. I drilled the bottom boards 7.5mm and screwed in some long bolts to hold the skate wheels.

The shutter ribs are resting on the channel and base ring. Rather than the wheels. Which makes far too much friction. I still need to get to the shops to buy some plastic strip to place in the channel. This is to raise the axles clear of the channel.

 

 

 

*

No comments: