28.11.21

28.11.2021 New ALU miter saw blade.

 *

Sunday 28th 36F, cool, misty with misty rain. 

I have ordered a new, discounted, aluminum cutting blade for my 12" DeWalt, miter saw. It is the only way to sensibly manage the 120mm square tube. 

I will need to cut even larger, aluminum, box tubing for the new, cross axis mounting. Up to 4"x8" sections are waiting in my neatly stacked, scrap pile. There is no way to cut these absolutely square without wasting countless hours on truing up skewed cuts.

Which was what I did with the last mounting. Lots of 10mm plate was cut with a Bosch jigsaw and lamp oil. The Bosch wouldn't know a straight line if it met one. Sanding edges square on aluminium is an exercise in frustration. It takes forever and the sanding material clogs almost immediately. I even bought some carbide disks for the angle grinder but the coarse grains loaded up to useless in no time.

 

*

No comments: