14.10.22

14.10.2022 Failure to image.

 *

Friday 14th Oct. I was fooled by brief sunshine at 1500 CET to go out and try imaging. There has hardly been a few seconds of the cloud clearing the sunshine since then!

I am try to capture a series of images at 5mm steps of the primary focuser. This moves the etalon further out relative to the objective. I have to refocus with the secondary focuser and then re-tune the etalon each time. The idea is to pin down the best spacing and tune.

I have also been advised to use the Stretch button in ImPPG. Instead of messing about with moving cursors in the curves box. Also to use 1.65 in the L-R settings with 150 iterations. This is all new to me. I have always used the default 1.3 and 50 iterations in ImPPG: [See image.]

 If only a could get enough time to tune and focus properly. Then I could see if the Stretch button and L-R settings are beneficial. It's solid cloud! I am using huge quantities of Gain just to be able to see the image on the monitor! I am using only 500 frame captures. Because I don't have time for 1000 frames before the clouds roll over the image.

 The seeing conditions are dreadful. With the image boiling furiously. I have lost track of which was the best focus setting.

16.38.[CET] Too late now. The trees have swallowed the sun!

*

No comments: