19.3.19

Teusday 19th March: Solar.


Tuesday 19th. Full sun forecast all day! The dome is already sparkling from a light, overnight frost. Hardly any wind at the moment. My wife says I should be wearing sun block because of the hours of exposure. I do have black foam screens to protect my face from the glare when at the eyepiece. This increases contrast and is much more comfortable than being half blinded by direct sunlight. I also sit out of the sun when at the laptop but am I seriously considering a trolley for mobility. For when the sun rises and shines through the slit later on.

09.10 43/40F, clear blue sky and bright sunshine. I see my breath in the dome.
WL: A small spot,or rather spots, from yesterday. Not far from the center of the disk.
H-a: The large filament has changed into a scythe with a middle handle.
Spotted one small prom from a quick scan of the limb.

I have the Neximage5 ready to try and capture the spot[s] again.
Hopefully in less thermally agitated conditions.

Further videos followed. The darker result of stacking was merely gamma adjusted in PhotoFiltre.

In H-a a get a brightness gradient across the image dorm featureless white to fairly normal. Which makes capturing videos pointless until I discover why. This could be a symptom of the PST etalon.



Click on any image for an enlargement.
*

No comments: