7.11.19

7th November 2019 ZWO174 Solar Surface.

*

Thursday 7th 43F, sunny periods. Back to the sun. Nothing very visible in white light.

The ZWO120 is back to its old tricks of masking the picture.


Fortunately, the ZWO174 is still working well. With nicely defined mono views of the solar surface. I have been capturing videos of the surface including two surface features in the northern hemisphere. With an 800x600 window I am getting 320-340fps!

Only a few small proms visible so I am ignoring them for the moment.

SharpCap keeps reporting problems with AWR-ASCOM and connection failure every time I ask SC to do anything. Yet again, Solar tracking stops arbitrarily and has to be restarted on the IH2 handset. For the third time this morning.

I tried iMPPG on the image [right] but as usual it started off pre-sharpened from Registax. Any further adjustment merely made matters worse. So I gently massaged it in PhotoFiltre7 and recoloured the mono image instead.

The three images right show successive darkening and sharpening. None of which are remotely as successful as iMPPG in skilled hands. I have tried to bring out the lighter coloured flares at the centre of the image and the darker one at top right of the image.

I processed my captured surface videos similarly and tried Ms ICE on them. It couldn't stitch them together to make a disk. It may be that I had not enough overlap between the images. It is difficult to judge but it probably needs more than nine "segments" to provide suitable overlaps.

Click on any image for an enlargement.
*

No comments: