25.4.20

25.04.2020 Continued.

*
13.30. 62/55F. Lunch over. More cloud around now. So I relieved the tops of the shutters. They hadn't been touched since I built the dome but the shutter arcs/ribs had started to drag a little at the top. This was primarily caused by my addition of a pulley system. Which is supported by the top cross-board. 

I had to drag a three-stretch ladder up there. To lean it against the cross-board while I worked up at the zenith. The big mounting and telescopes take up a lot of room in the observatory. Though there is always a way to point them in a suitable direction to allow a ladder to be used. I pointed the shutters west. With the telescopes arranged vertically on the east side of the pier.  The ladder base in the SW pointing upwards to the east. 

14.00 Too much cloud for imaging at the moment.


*

No comments: