23.7.20

23.07.2020 AR2767 in better seeing.

*

Thursday 23rd 08.50 61/57F, bright start but variable cloud.

The seeing was better for a short period just before 9am.

 Now the sun keeps being cloud covered and thermal agitation kicks in.

Quite pleased with these mages. Trying desperately hard not to over-sharpen them.

It is surprising how different they look on different monitors, my blog and the forums.

If I over-sharpen these images they become artificial on my imaging monitor. While elsewhere [online] they look soft and insignificant. My ultimate aim is always realism. Sadly I am still far from reaching that point. As I toil tirelessly at practicing my craft.

I haven't invested enough time, yet, to have gained the experience I need. My year, or so, of constant solar imaging is hardly scratching the surface of what is possible in skilled hands.

My weakest area is [still] image processing from my captured videos. The simplest rule is to ask yourself whether you feel you are looking at something real. Can you peer into the image to draw out more and more detail? Or is it an obvious artefact? 

Comparing other processed images with "the best of the day" is easily done, side by side, in PhotoFiltre. Attempts, by over-sharpening, to bring back a softer image are glaringly obvious by comparison.

The filaments in the area of the sunspot are changing rapidly. Even if all my images do not end up being as good as "the best of the day" they are still a useful record of these changes.



*

No comments: