16.8.20

16.08.2020 South East disturbance filaments, one spot and surface drama.

*

Sunday 16th August and the heatwave continues. 

07.45 Sun up on the dome.

Having some issues with window size and resolution on SharpCap.

08.22 74/70F lots of speckled cloud. Swapped from 2.6x to 2x GPC to get the entire SE disturbance in the frame. Pushing ImPPG much harder for more contrast. Stronger colours and processing in PhotoFiltre. I'm fed up with my images appearing wishy-washy when I post them online.


I made an interesting discovery in AS!3. I have tended to go for minimum Noise Robust instead of matching the seeing conditions. Setting Noise Robust to 3, instead of 2, actually helps bring out more detail. AP Grid is now set to 24 instead of 16.

09.37 80/75F Back to 2.6x GPC. A new disturbance nearer the limb. The clarity of the surface is improving but the thermal wobbles are limiting my ability to capture it.


09.47 81/76F Back to the main disturbance. 

09.58 82/76 Captured the small spot, central and high in the northern hemisphere.

10.26 84/79  Still here!  Occasionally rewarded by brief steadiness. 

10.45 87/81F Getting much too warm for comfort in the dome just as the seeing is steadying.

My processing is getting too extreme as I treat them as if they were from poor seeing conditions.




*



No comments: