28.11.20

28th, 29th & 30th.11.2020 Videos of RA worm housing flexure.

 *

Saturday. 31F. Overnight white frost but calm. 

A misty and cloudy day offered the chance to capture some videos of the RA worm housing flexure. 

I should have remembered to format the camera card first. There are over 2500 images on there. Which all have to be waited for despite having already been downloaded onto my PC. I took 500 images yesterday so that means more waiting.

Both videos show that not only does the worm have free play in its bearings but the housing are flexing slightly.

I can easily add some washers to take up the end play in the worm bearings.


 

 

November 29th. Another cool and overcast day. New videos after dismantling and rebuilding the RA worm housing. I used a temporary fibre washer to take up the slack between the worm bearings. Considering getting some angular contact bearings to replace the original deep groove type. Though it might be sensible replace the whole worm support system. Wheel clearance remains and issue if I decide to go with larger OD bearings.

 

 


 *

No comments: