21.2.21

21.02.2021 Last three tombstones buried.

*

Sunday 21st. 12:15. 52F, finished the last three foundation blocks. Whoopee?  😊

I double checked the level across the first and last blocks nearest the shed. This is from levelling the 12 blocks in series as I went right around the building. Perfection! Amazing! I was grateful for the dimensioned drawing that I made using the template arcs laid on the ground before I started. This provided me with a third check on radius and spacing of the blocks. Independent of the plywood arcs that I laid against the steelwork of each new block I buried.

53F at 13:00 in weak sunshine.  Levelling off the last of the self-compacting gravel after the last excavation. Paused for lunch.

I am now in a position to fetch the timber for the upright posts. Full height, 4.2m x 85cm [50mmx100mm] frames appeal. They should be self supporting but can easily be tied into the existing floor joists for stability. I can't cut and fit the building's top ring yet. Not until I have the dome here and assembled. To accurately measure its inside diameter. 

Only then will I know the correct diameter to make the roller track on the dome's base ring. There has to be room for the roller supporting steelwork without it rubbing on the dome. The pressed steel roller mounting forks are quite bulky. I shall use the same security system of hold-down disks. Mounted on brackets suspended from the rotation roller forks above the steering wheels.

15.00 57F! Finished smoothing the self-compacting gravel. I have spread some pea gravel. To stop the brown coloured sand from being trodden everywhere. The area outside the octagon is looking a lot tidier now.  With a solid margin of densely compacted gravel outside the new ring of blocks.


*

No comments: