16.4.21

16.04.2021 2x6 top ring material.

*

Friday 16th 32-52F, white frost, sunny and calm.  My wireless keyboard has died! Luckily I had a wired one spare. 

AR on eastern limb. AR12814 progressing towards western limb.  Seeing too soft to bother with
processing.

Back to rebuilding the observatory. Fitted the flashings ready for the upper series of cladding plywood.

If I add a ring of 2x6 [45x145mm] timber to the top of the building. Then I only need a 2x12mm, laminated plywood ring on top to match the level of the original top surface of the octagon. What a coincidence! 😏

I decided to fetch the 2x6 timber before the weekend rush. I also bought more 12mmx120mm coach bolts and 40mm square roofing washers. These are to bolt the lower frames firmly together. Luckily I picked a quiet time when there was nobody else there. 

Later I mitred 12 lengths of  2x6s to 90cm for the building's top ring. The sliding mitre saw is an amazing tool for speed, accuracy and repeatability.  

*

No comments: