18.4.21

18.04.2021 Observatory level cladding continued.

 *

Sunday 18th 40-58F, a sunny day is promised. I am aching from yesterday's exertions. Hopefully my morning walk will untie the knots.

I tried imaging again but the seeing conditions were poor. Neither of my keyboards would work normally. 

So I gave up and went back to building work. Another two, upper, cladding panels fixed in the NW before lunch. Warm sunshine but a cool, northerly breeze again.

60F at 16.00. Back to work in the afternoon. More panels fixed at the rear. North side. Not a great picture as I was facing into the sun. Too many trees, to the west, to allow a decent picture. 

The last two frames at front and rear are too near the octagon. I would never be able to remove the old screws if I fixed new panels just there. 

Or, I could remove the closest octagon panels and fix temporary tarpaulins in their place. There would be plenty of protection from the new panels lying just outside them. That would also allow me to complete the last frames at front and rear. I couldn't attach the cross-braces without removing the octagon panels. To give access to the original, upright posts for screw fixing the horizontal timbers.

Seeing the "tiny" 10' dome on top really shows the scale of the new building and dome. The second image shows the increased space available towards the west. The new observatory wall is over 1.5m or 5' tall. Just like the last one. Ignore the temporary, plywood flooring bridging the gaps in the former veranda planking.

*

No comments: