20.4.21

20.04.2021 Doors ajar.

 *

Tuesday 20th 34-62F. Sunshine all day.

I reinforced the SE post connection to the new building with 2x4 and 2x6 cross bracing.

Now I am trying to temporarily fit the original double doors to the SE face of the octagon. They fit, of course, but one door strikes the foot of the pyramidal pier as they open inwards. As mentioned earlier, I shall be building an English Cross-Axis mounting. With separate [different] piers standing against the new, N&S walls. 

After lunch: Now the doors open both ways. I just need to temporarily extend one, or both, in width. The plan was to make a new single door opening inwards. Not possible until the old, pyramidal pier has gone. Or, rather, its 4x4 legs are repurposed.

I need more cladding plywood. I have two sheets left and need six in total for the exterior. Probably two more sheets to make a single door. There are lots of offcuts standing in the new, lower building.

*

No comments: