21.4.21

21.04.2021 More cladding ply.

 *

Wednesday 21st 44F, heavy overcast with 40mph gales from the NW forecast. It has quickly become broken cloud and sunny periods. What to do today? Perhaps I should fetch enough cladding plywood sheets to complete the job? That would give me more of a rest than continuing on the build. 

I was able to get help again loading the trolley with plywood. The shops have reopened. The car parks were full. Mask and gloves and spirit hand wash. I am having a rest before unloading the plywood at home.

I enquired of the machine hire company if they had any "tame" Manitou drivers for the big lift. It seems not.

The last of the cladding plywood is safely stored in the expanded lower building. I fiddled with the doors in the afternoon to make them better sealed against wildlife. 

I am looking forwards to having a normal sized door instead of two narrow ones. I never opened the second half of the double doors anyway. The problem is [re]moving the pier before a normal door will open. Major lifting work upstairs to get the heavy and bulky instruments and DIY mounting safely down.

*

No comments: