23.4.21

23.04.2021

 *

Friday 23rd 34-55F, sunny but another day with a cool northerly wind. 

I shall continue to add cladding. What a struggle! Access is very poor next to the shed. I am using a short roof ladder on the shed roof but it is difficult to reach across the gap. Lifting the upper cladding panel into place was a nightmare. It is impossible tom sue a ladder between the buildings. So I could not be in front of the observatory to lift the panel into place.

The short roof ladder is too long to be moved into position and I don't want o cut it. I have securely tied the ordinary ladder to the roof ladder to avoid them separating. At times I was hanging out of the dome's observation slit to reach down to place screws.

The second image shows the final result at 8pm after a fourteen hour working day. I am aching all over again but at least the panels are in place. With the flashing fixed between them along the horizontal joints.

The next job is to lift and fix the panels in the NE at the rear of the building. Which will mean removing the original octagon panels before the screws become inaccessible.

*

No comments: