26.4.21

26.04.2021

 *

Monday 26th 33F, overnight frost, bright start but becoming rather cloudy. 

My poorly and swollen knee is improving. Lesson learned. Don't crouch on a roof ladder all day long! I am supposed to be having a second rest day from building work so I am imaging. I am breaking in an inexpensive Logitech wireless keyboard after the Deltaco died.

11.00 43F. Waiting [and waiting] for the clouds to clear. So I can check centering and focus.

Will Autostakkert AS!3 let me see the processed images today? I never did find them yesterday.

Nor today after I stacked one of yesterday's videos. When I selected another image in ImPPG it opened as ridiculously over-sharpened! 

I kept trying and found AS!3 images were being saved today. 

11.30 Finally a glimpse of the gorgeous spot group in the southern hemisphere. I captured some videos through thick cloud and full frame. Complete waste of time! I should have set a smaller window in SharpCap.

11.50 Cloud cover getting worse! 

12.50 Still waiting to capture a video without constant streaming cloud crossing. The seeing is so soft it is very difficult to focus.

12.52 First image worth processing. The seeing is settling and clearing at times. Though the sky is very white and glowing around the sun. 

13.10 46F Lunch! Despite the down jacket I am freezing! Usually the sun comes out during lunch. Today the sky has gone black!

15.50 47F, cloud has partially cleared.

16.06 49F,  continuing but the seeing is mushy and the image moving bodily. Were it not for ImPPG's almost miraculous ability to draw out detail it would be hopeless to even try to image today. 

I shall continue for as long as I can. In the hope of better seeing conditions.

 

18.07 The sun has appeared form behind the clouds. Seeing still
mushy and mobile.

 

 

 

 18.13 46F  The cloud is back!

That's the end of today's efforts.


  

 

 

 

*


No comments: