24.5.21

24.05.2021 Ribs n'sun.

 *

 Monday 24th 65F bright overcast and windy. Quite pleasant conditions to be working out of doors.

I spent the morning trimming plywood arcs with the router and trammel.[radius bar]

Agritech, the manufacturers of the GRP dome, were prompt and helpful in responding to my email. 

I had enquired regarding the shiny, green finish on the interior of the fibre glass moulding. I was advised to abrade the surface to roughen it. Before applying any new polyester and glass fibre. Good to know that I can proceed as planned. When, or if, the temperatures rise to useful working level. 

Afternoon: After marking out an other 6 arcs the sun came out. Set up for imaging only for lots of cloud to appear.

16.04. 63F Lots of fine detail but an unusual, central sweet spot. I've tried re-tuning the etalon but it isn't helping so far.

There is now so much cloud that I am wasting my time. It is getting windier from the SE as well.

16.59 A few more breaks in the clouds. Gusty wind.

17.00 Solid cloud.


 

 

*

No comments: