21.6.21

21.06.2021 Man with the cleft stick reaches Denmark.

 *

Monday 21st 55F, heavy overcast with rain and thunder promised again. 

After 11 days in transit my Titebond glue has finally arrived in Denmark from Austria. None of the [claimed] Danish Titebond stockists has any stock. Still plenty of time for it to get lost again. The last package went out for delivery, on the tracking, but never arrived. I never did learn who the delivery agents were. Now a repeat of the same. Universal Parcel Tracking App has "Out for Delivery! I have checked about a dozen delivery services with the tracking number but nobody is accepting responsibility. It surely can't be Austria post. It is pouring with rain but I have to keep going out to check the gate. Just in case it has been dumped there.

This must have cost me nearly two months in my new dome build. I need a reliable, "waterproof," exterior glue for laminating the birch plywood ribs. Titebond III is apparently the glue of choice for US woodworkers. 

The crap I used for my plywood dome was anything but "exterior" and not even damp proof. [Despite the blatant lies on the bottle label] It's lucky I screwed and bolted the plywood dome together. Or it would have fallen to pieces by now! It didn't help that the "15 year" "premium," "wood protection" paint fell off within months! Not to mention the "premium," marine," seam sealer which cracked all over.  

Anyone building a plywood dome must figure in all the work and expense. Of a good, thick and ugly coat of fibreglass and resin over the top.

 

*

No comments: