16.9.21

16.09.2021

 *

Thursday 16th 58-63F. A cloudy day with rain. 

I visited the city on an errand. So did some shopping while I was there.

I bought an M16 0.7ton rated eye-bolt for the pulley system. About a fiver [£5] equivalent from a crane spares and lifting equipment outlet.

A visit to a huge DIY store found the last dregs of discontinued, stainless steel, shelf brackets. I had used these for the plywood dome for supporting the steering rollers. The brackets were simply bolted to the rotation roller steel work. So I wanted to continue with this arrangement on the larger dome.

The zinc plated, mild steel brackets weren't nearly so stiff. They also rusted slowly. I was able to buy the last five, SS brackets. Which is quite a useful number. For some reason they wont sell the reserve stock online from their other outlets. Click and Collect only. Which makes driving for miles, for a few more brackets, pointlessly uneconomical.


*

No comments: