2.11.21

2.11.2021 Working on completing the base ring.

 *

Tuesday 2nd Nov. 50F, overcast clearing to bright but still cloudy from the SE.  

13.00 I have tried repeatedly this morning to capture the sun but the thin cloud is just too thick. There is a bright prom on the western limb beside the exiting AR2887.

So I am working on the dome. I checked with the laser rangefinder that the dome and ring were actually still round. Now I have several, base ring arcs glued, clamped and screwed. Unfortunately I have too few clamps to be able to proceed further. Lunch looms. 

I shall be able to move the clamps along to new arcs after lunch. Probably completing the base ring in three full layers. Then drill for and fit the inverted shelf brackets. 

The slit base board height needs my attention.. There just be adequate clearance above the base ring for the vertical steering rollers.

14.00 Second layer of base ring completed. Three arcs left to do for the third and final layer. Brought out the 360° laser to confirm levels. All okay.

14.52-54. Back to do some more imaging. A brief, partial clearing in the thin cloud provided more detail. AR2887 on the western limb  still defies my efforts to capture it well. 

15.40 A brightening of the sunshine on the dome suggested I might improve on my poor image of AR2887, but no.


 

 

 

*

No comments: