17.4.22

17.04.2022 Getting back into it.

 *

 Sunday 17th April 2022. 

 My 75th birthday and a fortnight since my wife died. 

There is no right time to return to imaging the sun. I wanted to get out of the house for a while. So here we are:

AR2993 and 2994 on the NE limb. No number for the third spot yet. This is producing brighter protuberances.

The seeing is shaky and the clarity variable. Things seem to be getting worse.

I tried the PST BF5 but it produced nothing better than the Lunt B1200S2 blocking filter.

The second image is much later. Nearly 17.00 [CET] Captured in 16 bit. Rather than 8 bit.

The sun is still quite high. So there is still hope for late afternoon steadiness of the atmosphere.

I kept trying as the afternoon wore on but the image became thermally agitated as the sun sank closer to the trees. 

 

 

 

 

*

No comments: