7.7.19

Sunday:

 *

Sunday. The promised sunny periods turned into solid overcast. I partially overcame the problem of seeing fine detail on the laptop by raising it on a 4" tall cardboard box. My fast, but poor, typing skills were hardly improved nor made much worse by the change.

An inexpensive, digital clinometer clings by its magnet to the underside of the 7" refractor's, 8" Ø, steel, main tube. Providing instant proof of the telescope's true parking position: Horizontal, pointing at the eastern horizon, weights down. A green light glows for a while behind the screen, providing excellent clarity, but I was too slow to capture it with the camera.

I amused myself for a while by imaging distant trees with the ZWO and 90mm Vixen refractor. At least I could experiment endlessly with SharpCap settings while I waited for a glimpse of the sun. The trees were thrashing in the wind and it was rather cool in the dome at 60-63F.

After waiting hours for a break in the solid clouds I found nothing would rid me of the rippled mask. There were a few small proms but I didn't bother to capture any videos. Just took a few stills.  The moon rose but the cloud soon thickened again.


*

No comments: