1.3.21

1st March 2021 Spring cleaning + H-a imaging.

 *

 Monday 1st March. 38-46F and heavily overcast. 

Despite a longer morning walk I am still aching all over from my recent exertions. A late start while I contemplate further progress.

I have ordered Z-profile flashing for the horizontal joints of the plywood cladding. Plus a couple of very cheap, workshop, roller stands to help with bevelling 2x4s on the table saw. The 4.2m lengths are very heavy and drag on my blocks of wood supported in folding workbenches. I was having to use far too much effort to pull the timber steadily through the saw.

Tidying up took priority this morning as warm sunshine arrived. None was forecast. The materials from the demolished veranda have been stacked well out of the way. Lots of joist hangers had to be unscrewed. I am grateful that I chose to use Torx screws for the last build. Even if the quality is highly variable and the socket heads are far too prone to stripping. I always use good quality Torx driver bits.

A couple of shrubs were trimmed back. Several recently unearthed boulders were rolled over to help reinforce the gravel bank. All to allow me to reach the building site more easily.

Afternoon. Decided to do some imaging. Seeing rather turbulent. A few filaments and proms. The orientation is wrong in the first image. I'd forgotten to cancel vertical flip in SharpCap.

Second image of the prom was a real battle between visibility and background glare. The PST BF might have done a better job.

The third image shows a bright spot in the east.



 Disturbed region near the western limb.

 Not a great collection of images but good to be able to relax for a while and do some astronomy. The seeing improved for a while just before the trees captured the sun.

 

 

 

*

No comments: